Friday 21 October 2016

The Grand Coast: A Journey through Croatia


One the best places to go on a holiday is Croatia. The Craggy coves, lush islands, wooded peninsulas and sparkling sea form the backdrop of the fascinating classical ruins and towns of this country. My grand tour of this country gave me a real taste of its diversity and variety. I mainly concentrated on the grand coast of this country during by trip.

Arrival

I arrived at Zagreb, the Croatian capital, and headed to my hotel. On my way to the hotel, I couldn’t help but stare at the amazing baroque architecture, the cobbled streets and the entire view of the old city that is reminiscent of Vienna and Budapest, great capitals in Central Europe. After resting for a while, I took time to explore the fortified town in Zagreb, its museums, St. Stephen Cathedral and the Croatian National Theater.

Tour of the Dalmatian coast

From Zagreb I headed to Dalmatian coast. The ferry schedules in this coastal region made by trip a great seafaring itinerary. I spent quite some time in this coastal region touring quiet islands away from the bustling Dubrovnik and Split.

Island hoping

While at the coastal region in Croatia, you can take a ferry or a catamaran to various islands including Hvar, Vis and Brac. I spent several nights in these islands. The islands form the core of Dalmatia. They are the actual stuff of the glossy brochures for tourists. The islands may be hidden but they are filled with amazing lagoons and beaches.  

Tour of Dubrovnik

I took a ferry to Dubrovnik but if you have a car, you can use it. However, arriving at Dubrovnik in a ferry is more dramatic. It enables you to have a clearer view of this pretty, fortified city. I strongly hold the view that this amazing city was clearly meant to be viewed from the sea. Viewing this city from the sea I could see why it was the master of Dalmatia at some point. There are amazing hotels and apartments in Dubrovnik that are located slightly outside this city wall. I stayed in one of these apartments during my holiday in this city. I also had a meal in a fish restaurant close to the fish market and enjoyed Dalmatian wine too. In the afternoon, I could have a great sightseeing experience after the departure of cruise-ship day-trippers. I could also stroll along placa in the evening stopping at some points to enjoy a taste of the amazing Italian-style ice cream.

Tour of the Elafiti Islands

Elafiti islands are adjacent to Dubrovnik. This enabled me to make day trips to these islands with ease. A tour of one of these islands provides a great way of winding down on a week day. Majority of these islands are sparsely populated without cars. This gives you all the freedom to tour the sparkling Adriatic Sea. You can also get overnight accommodation in Logun if you want to spend another day there. Mljet is farther-flung but it is ideal for a wilderness seeker. It provides great serenity and beauty despite being forested. During summer, there are regular services in the islands and you can arrive at the islands on a fast catamaran.

With its scenic beauty, Croatia is clearly an amazing holiday destination. My grand coast tour gave me an unforgettable experience that I yearn for even today.

Do you need help in writing such an article? Then get in touch with Bishop Writers. Simply email your article requirements to us via bishopwriters@gmail.com. You can also place an order with us by filling out the order form at the bottom the homepage of our website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unveiling the Shades of Beauty: A Tribute to Skin Color

Empower yourself with the beauty of the skin color. Embrace the radiant hues and celebrate the unique beauty found in every shade. Depending...